Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't turn off emails

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to turn off emails and when I uncheck the "Send email alert' checkbox the "Save" button greys out and I cannot save.  If I recheck the checkbox or check the "Push Notification" checkbox the "Save" button lights up green again and I can save.  I just tried this on my Mac and Windows machine.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

5 REPLIES 5
meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

answering my own question.  The software is broken and I just enter some bogus email address so I stop getting emails when i dont want them.

Arlo!  Fix the software.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meb,

I have tested this and did not have any issue disabling email alerts (as soon as I unchecked the email alerts the save button was available).

What browser were you using when you saw this behavior? Do you see the same behavior from a different browser (I tested using Chrome).

JamesC

meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,   I've included two images.  One showing the button disabled when no email is selected and one showing it enabled.  I have tried Mac/Safari and Windows/FireFox/Chrome

SaveDisabled.jpgSaveEnabled.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meb,

In the screenshots above, the rules are set to "Do Nothing" when motion is detected.

This is why you cannot deselect "send email alerts". This would essentially mean that the entire rule does nothing because no recording or alert is sent when motion is detected. This is the same as having no rule at all. If you do not want this camera to send an alert or record upon detecting motion, simply do not create a rule for this camera.

JamesC

meb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Makes sense. Thank you.