Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sign in to accounts with VMB3010r2 as my base station, 2fa emails aren't being sent

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NetworkRep
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Arlo station set up in our office and we recently started no longer receiving emails for 2fa. This creates issues when trying to sign in obviously as we don't receive the email with the code. I can see on our exchange server that an email from any domain with "arlo" in the name isn't even reaching our servers, so it isn't being caught by our spam filter (though I did check that too), it is simply not being sent.

Base station: Is Model VMB3010r2

Firmware: 1.20.6.0_1470_24cf271

No updates available for firmware, cameras do still work, however we have users unable to login due to the emails not getting sent, and we can't disable 2fa on their accounts it seems. Not hitting spam filter, rebooting the base station doesn't help. I even tried to add a new account using Yahoo and Gmail to confirm it wasn't an issue with our exchange server, and those domains don't receive an email either.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NetworkRep,

I checked your account and it appears emails may have been blocked from being sent by the Arlo Cloud.

Test again and let me know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

NetworkRep
Aspirant
Aspirant

That seems to have enabled motion detected emails to come again, which it has been quite some time since we received, which is great. However we still aren't receiving 2FA emails, nor emails being sent to users we are trying to add access for.