Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
piper284
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a new system and I have been trying to set it up.  I'm having some issues with both online and app setup.  I have a Macbook pro running El Cap and an iPhone running the latest software upgrade.

First, I have not been able to change my password.  The "save" button is grayed out.

I also can not set up a schedule; as soon as I set a stop time, the save button grays out.  On the iPhone, I can set a schedule, but either the start or stop time will change to another time depending on which order I enter stop and start.  I'd like to be able to use the custom modes I've set up, but not being able to set a schedule is making this difficult.

I've contacted netgear by email, and have started a discussion; just wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions, as that process is going slowly

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Madtim
Initiate
Initiate

I had a similar problem with the schedule and found it doesn't let you schedule past midnight. So if it's an overnight time slot you need to finish a schedule at 12.00am then add another one from 12.00am to whatever time you want it to finish in the morning. 

Re: the password, maybe it doesn't meet the rules. You don't get an error message, just the inability to save. Try one with an uppercase and number in it and minimum of 6 characters and see if you get an option to save. 

piper284
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  Scheduling to 12AM then setting another from 12:01 did the trick.  4PM seems to be another sticking point.  

Still no love on the password.  The passwords I've tried have met the requirements.

jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

HP PC, windows 10, firefox

I wanted to change my password, but like the last guy, the SAVE button is grayed out...  Another issue is "the instructions."  To change password go to settings then to personal settings,  there is no personal button, I had to use "PROFILE."

Why does ARLO have all these weird problems, simple but weird.

piper284
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to reply to this.  If I remember correctly it was a browser issue.  Wouldn't work with Safari, but if you loaded up another browser you got the password button back

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jrw46,

The Save button will remain grayed out until all required fields are completed for the password change. You must enter your current password and then enter a new password and retype the new password before it will allow you to commit the changes. Once all required fields are completed the Save button will be available to commit the changes.

JamesC