Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera records, no playback on Iphone 8

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BC7010
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras will record but will not play back on I phone 8. I’ve tried just about everything except starting all over with install of complete system.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BC7010

What App Arlo app version do you have installed on your iPhone & what is th OS version the phone is currently running?

BC7010
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app on the phone is version 2.11.1 (1679).
The Phone is an I Phone 8 currently running version 13.2.3, which is the latest version.

As soon as I leave my home(wifi connection)everything seems to be working fine? Which if that's the case I'm ok with it, cause that's when I want to view it.
As a side bar, I had one camera in the original purchase that the battery indicator show low almost immediately at about 25% but stayed there and worked, I should have sent it back but didn't. Now it shows 7% and will drop out until I reinstall the batteries. I ordered a replacement yesterday and it is due to arrive tomorrow. I think I'm going to reset the base and reinstall all three cameras and see what happens.

Comments by you are certainly welcome.

BC7010.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

BC7010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't have to contact customer service, everything started working.  I think it may have been a case of not having the cameras on for an extended period of time and updates not being done on a regular basis.