Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't log in to web portal, and setup tells me e-mail doesn't exist...

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bitfidelity
Tutor
Tutor

So I'm trying to set up a camera and when I put in my e-mail address, it says it doesn't exist in your system. But when I try to make a new account with that address, it says the e-mail already exists. Funny. How is that even possible?

And when I try to log in using my account information at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login, absolutely nothing happens when I hit "log in."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi bitfidelity,

I checked your email in our database and it is registered. It is possible that the email was created but wasn't activated. Try again to setup the unit while on the internet and use the same email address to register.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi bitfidelity,

I checked your email in our database and it is registered. It is possible that the email was created but wasn't activated. Try again to setup the unit while on the internet and use the same email address to register.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

bitfidelity
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, Brian. Apparently, I just needed to ignore the dialog boxes during the account creation process and continue filling out all the fields. Looks like everything is working fine so far.

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi bitfidelity,

Great! I am glad that everything is okay now and our system shows that your account has been fully created together with an active camera.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

jswinstead
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am a registered user but can't log in to my account from Bali.

I wish to check my cameras.

Julian.

jswinstead@gmail.com

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jswinstead,

Welcome to the community! In order to further assist you with this issue, there are a few more pieces of information i'd like to collect. What browser or mobile app are you using to try and log in. Are you getting any kind of error message when trying to log in? Please let us know!

JamesC

Amm128
Guide
Guide

I just purchased a system today, but, can not set it up because the system deos not let me create a new system set up. When I try to go on the New System Set Up, it take me to set up for the camera.   Because i can not create a long in I am not able to set up the system. Please advise?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried the other?

Amm128
Guide
Guide

I have tired both and have the same result.

Amm128
Guide
Guide

I sent hours working on it this morning and it seems imposble for me to get into the new system set up. It directly goes to seting up camera and then nothing happens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I'm not sure it's the problem, try resetting the base using only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Did that help?

Emmy9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm a registered user w my email, but it says it can't find me. Then it won't let me use the password. Please help. I followed all instructions.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emmy9,

Are you sure you are using the correct email address when attempting to log in? What error message are you receiving? Do you see the same behavior using the web client and the Arlo mobile app?

If you are still experiencing issues, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC