Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lousy
Tutor
Tutor
All cameras say motion detection is activated and on. But one camera won't respond to motion. I can live stream it -but won't get notifications due to motion. It doesn't record it either
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lousy
Tutor
Tutor
I finally was able to speak with csr and was told the camera doesn't read motion thru glass/window I couldn't find that very important piece of info anywhere so glad to know. Must be mounted outside if wanting to detect outside motion

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the running man for the camera in the Devices tab black or gray?  Gray is disarmed.  If black, try power cycling the base and open and close the battery cover to reset the camera.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If the running man symbol is black, check that the rule for that camera in your recording mode says to record when motion is detected and also that you get a push notification. Then turn the motion sensitivity up to 100 and don't forget to go back a screen and click SAVE. If you get a whole heap of false detections, work your way down through the sensitivity range until you get to a level which responds well but doesn't give too many false alerts

monicabradley
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem with one of my cameras. I have tried everything to get that one camera to detect motion. I'm almost considering returning the three cameras and the base. I am so frustrated. What is the point of having a camera if it doesn't detect motion or record the motion.
Lousy
Tutor
Tutor
I finally was able to speak with csr and was told the camera doesn't read motion thru glass/window I couldn't find that very important piece of info anywhere so glad to know. Must be mounted outside if wanting to detect outside motion
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Glad you got your problem solved. With these cameras using a PIR sensor to detect motion, they won't work through glass. The Arlo Q cameras do though

monicabradley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for that information. I guess I'll have to mount the third camera outside since it won't detect through glass.