Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Update Firmware on Arlo Base Station. Blinks green and goes solid green LED but asks again.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Embeeous
Star
Star

I'm getting prompted within both the Arlo iOS app and the Arlo Web site for a firmware upgrade for my VMB3500 Base Station.

"A firmware update is required for your base station and camera.  Let's start with the Base Station".

When I select "Update Base Station" on either my phone or computer, it initially says "Base Station Firmware Updating", and the power button on the back of the Base Station starts to blink green.  But after a few seconds, it reverts back to a solid green and both the Arlo app and Web site say "A firmware update..." again. 

I've read through similar discussions on this topic and followed several of the suggestions.  Specifically, I have powered the Base Station down and back up (obviously and only when the Power button on the back of the Base Station is solid green), and I've done the same with my entire network (cable modem and router).  Nothing seems to work.

At this point I can't even use my system, it is locked up in this endless loop of wanting to update firmware and not letting me see or do anything else until I do that. 

Help. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove and re-claim your base. This may also require that you resync your cameras.