Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can register new system

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jjc38
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have a Virgin broadband account and their super hub cable modem with wifi. Into that I also have a D-Link wifi router plugged as it is more powerful in terms of Wifi. In the D-Link wifi router I have the Arlo base station plugged in. The light on the front shows green for internet access but when I try to register the arlo system, it cannot find the registration number.

What can I do to get this to work? Do I have to plug the arlo system directly into the the virgin super hub? I am intending on only using the super hub as a cable modem, and if configued thus will only have one port working that will allow access to the D-Link, so that is not an option. Please advise.

John.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

looking at Virgin's web site doesn't give me a lot of clues but what should be obvious is that you likely have two DHCP servers working, one in the Superhub and one in your Dlink router. That shouldn't be a problem but adds complexity. I'd suggest disabling the server in your router, allowing the Superhub to administer addresses and routing info. I really don't think that will solve your issue but it's someplace to start. Alternatively, plug the base into the Superhub and (probably) be done with it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There was also the previous problem people had of NOT being on the same wifi service as the Arlo base when trying to set up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------