Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Adoptk9
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi everyone! 

I just bought 2 arlo cameras. I'm having difficulties with one of the motion detectors but I'll play around a bit more before I am back on here for help. I was just wondering if I can have both cameras record when only one detects motion? I can't seem to find that feature and was hoping I just overlooked it. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you can do it, but before trying maybe you should get use to the system with single cameras.

but to answer the question, go to modes,and create a New Mode.

Add the first camera to record n itself and the go back and edit the new mode adding the second rule.

It will end up like,

cam A senses, records on A

cam A senses, records on B

you should get two recordings...make sure the record time for both are the same time length 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you can do it, but before trying maybe you should get use to the system with single cameras.

but to answer the question, go to modes,and create a New Mode.

Add the first camera to record n itself and the go back and edit the new mode adding the second rule.

It will end up like,

you should get two recordings...make sure the record time for both are the same time length 

Adoptk9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac! 

I got it. I have been using the system for a few days. Works great but yesterday my daughter left the house with a friend and it didn't pick it up. It missed me coming home too, so I'm just trying to work out a few bugs and position them properly. 

Thanks for the help. 

Leakie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw the answer to this question to record both cameras when one senses motion. Will it work if either camera senses motion, like this...

cam B senses, records on A
cam B senses, records on B

Or will that cause a conflict?

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It should work fine....

keep in mind, it's best to keep the record times the same, and if one camera starts to record it is unavailable until completed + the reset time (  +/- 15-20 sec )

lozts
Guide
Guide

I am not given an option to start recording on a different camera than the one that detects motion or audio. For example, if I say that if camera A detects motion than I can only start recording on camera A. What am I missing?

I have two Arlo Q's and one regular Arlo setup currently. I want to start recording on the regular Arlo camera if my Arlo Q's detect motion. Can this only be done for the regular Arlo's?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lozts,

Arlo Q is separate from Arlo Wire-free when creating custom modes/rules. The combination of rules you describe above can only be utilized on cameras that are synced to the same base station (Arlo Q does not sync to a base station therefore it can not be part of a custom mode with other cameras).

JamesC