Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I leave the live feed open on my desktop all day with my Arlo outdoor camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JW99
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to leave the live feed on all the time? does this drain battery life? I use an old tablet with a stand and the log in the app select live and it seems to stay on all the time but will it eventually shut down and does this effect the batteries?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JW99 wrote:

Is it possible to leave the live feed on all the time? does this drain battery life? I use an old tablet with a stand and the log in the app select live and it seems to stay on all the time but will it eventually shut down and does this effect the batteries?

Not really possible....

First, the program will shut down the Arlo camera at about 30 mins ... done in case forgotten on to save batteries.

Second, the batteries will drain much quicker with heavy use. In order to get the spec life of the OEM cells, you have to use the cameras in the spec amount; which is 4 mins per day.

Live viewing or recording uses the same amount of power.  In motion sense mode, vey little. In sleep mode ( when cam not in any use ) almost null.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------