Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I Save Video From My Arlo VMS3430 To My Computer?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ojoyce3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support informed me that I don't have fast enough upload on my internet, it tested at .85.  So when a camera pings my cell phone that there is motion detected, it does not activate a video.  Well, it does once in a while.  :And actually they don't always even detect motion.  I have good signal on all cameras.  I want to know if there is a way to have the videos save to my PC?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ojoyce3,

With an Arlo Pro Base Station you have the option to use local storage. This is great for connections that drop. Your Cameras will then record to the Drive. You will be able to save directly to a USB/Hard Drive. You will then be able to upload to your computer. Here is a KB that has information regarding the local storage.

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo Pro base station?

Kellyjon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, You can go through the website Arlo Help Center and call to the customer care to get help regarding any query related to Arlo Camera. 

Thanks,

Streak2
Master Master
Master

It looks the the VMS3430 is the original base setup.

There is no USB option.

Use the library to display the videos and download them either while displayed or you can select multiple videos at once to then download.

Do NOT click on the link above from user kellyjohn, it take you to a scam webiste.

ojoyce3
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I am really confused.  Should there be some video stored in the camera?  Or is mine too old to do that?  I can still return this system.  Would you suggest that I do that and get the next model up - Arlo Pro?  Won't it just take more upload speed?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The camera does not store any video. It's all stored on the cloud by default.

You can go to your library and download clips before the 7 days is up.

The newer model, Arlo Pro base has USB ports as explained above where recordings will be saved automatically to a memory stick as well as to the cloud. You need to plug the stick into a computer to play them back though.