Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo-Wire Free be scheduled to record without motion trigger?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lifeOfBarney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

Working on setting schedules for when we're not home. Live in a condo and currently not permitted to mount cameras on the exterior of the townhouse units, so it's sitting inside on my window sill. I cannot rely on motion detection, since motion detection on the wire-free does not penetrate windows.

I've been going through the settings on the system and can't find an answer. Is it not possible to schedule the camera to simply record, without needing to be triggered by motion?

If not... Dear Netgear, can you please write that feature into the next system patch? 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

no the best you can do is start a manual recording but it will time out in 30 min.

attery operated cameras are not designed for continuous manual operation since the batteries will be drained after about 6-12 hours of such.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if you want the cameras to work thru glass ( since you can't mount outside ) the only ones that will work for you are the Q cameras....

They use pixel based detection and work fine thru double pane andersen windows...also use 1080 rez over 720. They are ac powered too.

It's not going to work with the Arlo/Arlo Pro cameras because they use PIR detection and glass blocks most IR

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
lifeOfBarney
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the responses.

Can the Q cameras work with the same base that came with my wire-free cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Q cameras don't use a base, just your home WiFi. They do detect through glass since they use pixel-based detection, not IR.