Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won't display after resetting base

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Michelem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been using Arlo for about a month and all was great. After the software update, my cameras (4) stopped recording on motion. ive done a reset to the base by pressing the sync and the reset button and then tried numerous times to sync the cameras. It flashes as if they sync but still says no cameras are connected. Help please.
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Michelem wrote:
I've been using Arlo for about a month and all was great. After the software update, my cameras (4) stopped recording on motion. ive done a reset to the base by pressing the sync and the reset button and then tried numerous times to sync the cameras. It flashes as if they sync but still says no cameras are connected. Help please.

I'd first just do a power button reboot of the base to see if the cameras show.

With the new software... the reset is now to hold in the RESET button for 5-10 secs till the base leds flash

Then try and resync the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Michelem
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have powered off the base station, reset both the router and the base station, deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone, and used the web based site and still get no cameras. It stays that 0 cameras are connected. The strange part is that as I power back on the cameras, the specific rules associated with each of them displays...but the camera area is blank. I'm really starting to think this is a firmware issue and not something I can fix. I hope it is solved soon.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely not specifically a firmware issue but hardware.  I'd open a trouble ticket since it could be a hardware problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you fully reset the base, the cameras may need to be re-sync'ed

Morse is faster than texting!
RZALEX
Aspirant
Aspirant
One camera dropped off app. After resetting a number of times, it Seems to sync but does not show on app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Resetting the base using the reset button or something else? Have you tried a browser to see if the issue remains?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RZALEX,

If you have factory reset the base (by pressing and holding the reset button on the back off the base station until all LEDs flash amber) this releases the base from your account. You would then need to remove all devices under Settings > My Devices and add the base station back to the account using the "Add Device" button on the Devices screen. This must be done before syncing cameras.

Please let us know if you're still having issues,

JamesC