Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1-z
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a new complete 1080p set up with 5 cameras, after discussing with support and running through all of the obvious items support is designed to handle I was told to exchange the unit.. has anyone had issues with camera sync to the base? My phone and base communicate fine I just cannot get the system to synchronize a single camera...

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@1-z,

Are you seeing the base station in your app?

I have had a couple of instances where using the app the cameras failed to sync. There is an alternate way to sync them. Briefly press on the sync button on the base then briefly press on the sync button on one camera. The LED on the camera should briefly flash blue for a couple of seconds then statr flashing blue rapidly. When the camera LED stops flashing rapidly, the camera should be synced.

If that doesn't work consider returning the system for exchange if that is possible.

Brian

1-z
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply! After exchanging unit the issues continued. Another round with support and we were able to find a solution. I disconnected the wireless router then waited for internet light to go out” middle green light on base of the pro2” then completed an off line sync. Regular process just with WiFi off and Ethernet cable disconnected. Then boot the system back up and reconnect all WiFi & Ethernet cables. After everything boots up go through the sync process once more. Hope this helps any others that may have this issue
brh
Master
Master

@1-z,

Great to hear that you have it working now. I had never heard of that solution before, but it is good to know and thank you for sharing that with us.

Brian