Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras stopped working when I changed battery. Showing offline. Called support and said to pay.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
marria10
Follower
Follower

All my arlo cameras stopped working when I changed the batteries. They are offline and nothing I do has helped. When I call the toll free number it is a different country and they said I have to pay for the service.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no toll-free number so you must have Googled support and got a scammer. It would be useful to use what's available here to get to the real support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Eyevnoidea
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem with my cameras (just one of them) as it kept eating batteries at a rate of a set every 2-3 weeks. that gets expensive at $30 a pop!

What really got to me was as soon as I downloaded the new app, one of my cameras doesn't even power up anymore, leaving me with one useless camera out of 3!

I've still gotten nothing back from that live chat fiasco the other day, and not a word back from customer support.

Since my setup is just over a year old and out of warranty, I can't seem to get any help with the situation.

That "upgrade" when they broke from netgear also removed the ability to set up activity zones- unless you want to pay for a subscription, which I think is absolutely messed up and wrong.

It is apparent that "ARLO" is NOT what they over-sell it to be, and there are many problems and quirks with this set of cameras- not to mention the exorbitant pricing for this garbage,- which only mean that the customers are the ones receiving the short end of the stick!

This has been the absolute WORST security system I have tried to make work, because of its presumably good name and its strong customer support. I would not recommend this to anyone who wants a quality home security system.

After discovering I would never get any help with this CRAP, I searched online and found a really nice and reliable set of IP cameras made by Amcrest. They're wireless, the software works great, and at just under $60 each, they FAR out-perform these Arlo's.

I hope you find resolve in your situation.

Good luck with that.