Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MTLION
Aspirant
Aspirant

What happens when my basic plan storage is full?  What do I do for them to wipe out oldest content and keep recording?

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Correct. On day 8, day 1's recordings are deleted. Download any clips you want to keep

MTLION
Aspirant
Aspirant

However, that is not what's happening. When I log in, it appears that recordings have stopped after about 3-days, I can only assume the storage is full.  

then it never records again. Numerous times I've logged in now and it won't have recorded for a week, a month. 

I'm trying to ascertain whether this is going to be a very tedious process of me needing to continually manually delete content? Why does it not automatically delete the oldest content to enable continued recording?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Can you estimate how much space you've consumed or at least how many minutes of total recording time? That may give us a clue. Also, opening a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here may be useful.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it possible that your recording MODE has changed? Or you changed it to DISARMED for something and forgot to rearm it? Perhaps the rules have somehow changed? I know if you have smartthings integration, you could find the mode changed to smartthings and the rules are all wonky with no recording. If you haven't had any recordings in the last few days, I'd start there with checking the MODE and rules within those modes

MTLION
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are all set to ALL MOTION ON Ive checked this numerous times.

I'm assuming our cloud space gets full. I dont' know where to check how much space is in use. I'm currently manually deleted complete days from each camera because I don't know why it's not doing this itself when the space gets full.

MTLION
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I check how much space is in use or recorded?

I've just checked again, after deleting all footage from all four cameras on Saturday. They are all ON with 90+ battery life and ARMED with MOTION DETECTION.

There is no footage recorded even since I deleted all the prior footage ... I assumed recording had stopped because 'maybe' the cloud space was full.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

They got rid of the usage indicator some time ago though someone else did say they had managed to fill the allocated space and got a notification about it. Before I got sorted, I had windy days where I had hundreds of clips each from multiple cameras recorded and never came across any space problems. I don't think you have a space problem. Guess support might have to check out the back end. Do you still get push notifications or emails on motion detection if those options are checked in the camera rules?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you manually record via the Live Stream? If so, are those recordings in the Library?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

MTLION wrote:

They are all set to ALL MOTION ON Ive checked this numerous times.

I'm assuming our cloud space gets full. I dont' know where to check how much space is in use. I'm currently manually deleted complete days from each camera because I don't know why it's not doing this itself when the space gets full.

Your main issue is that you're using a defective mode.  All Motion On is a remnant from the major update of over a year ago and has been known to cause major issues.  There are two ways to fix this:

1)  The best way is to reset the system, removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras (only briefly press the base sync button).  This starts you over fresh and should give you only Armed, Disarmed and Geofencing modes along with the schedule.

2) Delete the All Motion On/Off modes and use only Armed and Disarmed or, better yet, create your own custom modes for complete control.  This should work but it's possible other remnants of the old modes could remain, causing issues.  This method is the fastest thing to try and may well work fine but be prepared to have to use the factory reset method.

As for checking recording times and space, it's a manual process.  You would have to add all the videos together to compute the time plus download the videos so you can see the size.  A rough estimate on size could be to use 3-4MB per minute at highest quality (lower resolutions will be commesurately less).

I still think your whole issue is the All Motion On mode being used which is malfunctioning.  We've seen this far too many times.