Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras offline and trying to Restart from App but Restart button is not able to activate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KMeals
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to reboot my cameras that are offline due to internet interruption. I am not at the location of my cameras to do this.  Trying to Restart from my phone, but only able to use the Remove Device...touching the Restart device but is not hot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You CAN NOT remotely restart the cameras... you can only remotely restart the base unit. If it has been a short time the cameras will resync automatically...   If the cameras have lost sync to the base it requires resyncing which means being physically there.

With remote locations ( I do it at home ) users have found it helps to put in a UPS for the base unit. If the base unit stays powered the cameras will stay connected with or without internet connection. Since the base usu comes back on line when the internet does ( after the router comes back ) there is no loss of cameras.   If you go this route, I would also just plug in the router and modem too ...this will get you thru short term power outages and internet outages outside of the home

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You CAN NOT remotely restart the cameras... you can only remotely restart the base unit. If it has been a short time the cameras will resync automatically...   If the cameras have lost sync to the base it requires resyncing which means being physically there.

With remote locations ( I do it at home ) users have found it helps to put in a UPS for the base unit. If the base unit stays powered the cameras will stay connected with or without internet connection. Since the base usu comes back on line when the internet does ( after the router comes back ) there is no loss of cameras.   If you go this route, I would also just plug in the router and modem too ...this will get you thru short term power outages and internet outages outside of the home

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nothing you can do without physical presence. Does someone have access to do it for you? In the future, use a UPS/battery backup for the modem, router and base to prevent this from happening. I use a 750VA unit which should give me several hours of runtime to fly through most outages.
KMeals
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your reply. The UPS is a great idea. We will definitely be looking into that. In the meantime I will have to have someone go in and physically restart for me.