Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not staying online

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DPanattoni
Guide
Guide

I have five Arlo cameras. In the last month, three of them continue to go offline after about 1-2 days. When I put them back online, most of the time, they report as having a dead battery. I've replaced the batteries multiple times but continue to experience the same results... 1-2 days worth of activity and then nothing. They're not overworked as some of the cameras only have a few (3-4) videos on them. My other two cameras are working flawlessly. And up until this past month, all five have worked fine for the past year and a half.

One more potential clue. When I sync the cameras, the flashing sequence is blue, followed by a rapid amber flash, followed by a rapid blue flash. I don't recall seeing the amber flash when I originally set these up a year and a half ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your firmware versions and compare them to what's listed in the Release Notes section here. Old firmware can do weird things.

I would likely remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.

Also, verify that the batteries are dead using a voltmeter. New batteries should be ~3.2v for the OEM-style and are dead at ~2.75v. Maybe you've been changing batteries unnecessarily.