Cameras not recording on motion, and battery message

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Ammc
Aspirant
Aspirant
None of my cameras are recording on motion. Yes, I checked my settings and they are set to record and send notifications on motion detection. Also, I changed the batteries on one of them and still get the message "replace batteries". I already tried resetting the base etc
I'm very disappointed in that I've read several threads with the same issue, asks none seem to have an answer. A post on the main support site seemed to address the battery message issue but when you click on the link you get the message that the page does not exist.
I'm incredibly disappointed, these cameras aren't cheap and this kind of issues make them useless as security devices
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's been no recent updates pushed on any camera or base.

PITA, but remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Two possibilites for battery issue:

1, the replacement batteries are duds.  Rule this out by putting in another cam and see if same happens.

2. They're in wrong or not seated properly. When you put them in, don't push down but let closing the battery door seat them.

Couple ideas re recording.

1. Can you manually record?

2. Put a cam in the living room and walk sideways slowly across it a few times and see if it records.

Ammc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I can record manually.
I switched the batteries to another camera, no issues.
Tried the moving in front of two of my cameras and nothing.
I think Arlo must have pushed a buggy firmware update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's been no recent updates pushed on any camera or base.

PITA, but remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
Ammc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Re syncing the base and cameras did it. I also removed and did the resync the one with the battery issue and it all works know. The question is of course why did it happen in the first place. Not to mention of I'd been away from home I'd be none the wiser thinking I have a functioning system.
Thanks again for the suggestions! I guess I should also start looking in an old fashioned wired system.