Cameras not recording automatically

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rockspot
Follower
Follower

Have not used the cameras for a year and powered them up and cannot get them to record in reaction to motion.

They previously worked OK.

I have tested motion and light on camera indicates motion detected.

I have done a manual recording and that works.

Viewing Devices, both cameras have black running man. (If I change mode to All Motion Off the running man changes to grey)

Mode is set to Custom mode with rule set with motion sensitivity at 100 and record time set for 20s.

It has got me baffled.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suggest a total reset to get the latest firmware as well as to get rid of the old All Motion On and Off modes which have been known to cause problems with the new firmware. Since you may have old firmware installed, the reset may be an issue. First,vtry the old method of pressing both the reset and sync buttons at the same time until the LEDs flash amber, 10 seconds or so. Failing that, try only the reset button. I believe the current base version is 1.8.1_9169 so check that first since that will define which process to use.

Once successfully reset, use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to readd the base and then sync the cameras. That should get you up to snuff but check for firmware updates. 1.2.7730 should be the camera firmware. You may or may not be able to force an update so wait overnight to see if you get them.

Gardenrooster
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I get my cameras to record when motion is detected?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

first I would suggest reading the FAQs and manual (can be downloaded).

but in brief, you either use the Armed mode for default settings or create your custom mode to tailor for you.  Its not recommended to modify the ARMED mode