Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not connecting since new app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rachreid
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot get the new app to recognise my cameras. My base station is connected to the app, and my cameras are syncing (flashing blue) but the app just says it can't find them. Help please been that way since 30/09/2019

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rachreid
Tutor
Tutor
Hi thanks ended up doing live chat thingy with support as I'd tried everything I could think of, working now. Ended up having to log out of my account, reboot modem and then log back in, had done all that numerous times prior but maybe not in the precise order. Anyway it work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rachreid wrote:
I cannot get the new app to recognise my cameras. My base station is connected to the app, and my cameras are syncing (flashing blue) but the app just says it can't find them. Help please been that way since 30/09/2019

Is the web client (https://my.arlo.com) showing the cameras and base?

CobyBear
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem. Installed the new app. Can not discover my camera. Now what?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CobyBear wrote:
Same problem. Installed the new app. Can not discover my camera. Now what?

Some things that worked for others:

• Uninstall/reinstall the app and reboot the phone/tablet
  • Make sure the phone/tablet is using wifi to the home network, and not cellular
  • Restart the base
  • Remove the base and cameras from the account and re-add them.

You could also of course contact support. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

rachreid
Tutor
Tutor
Hi thanks ended up doing live chat thingy with support as I'd tried everything I could think of, working now. Ended up having to log out of my account, reboot modem and then log back in, had done all that numerous times prior but maybe not in the precise order. Anyway it work.