Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm giving up.. for a year I've tried to use this system with 4 cameras and It is exasperating.  Constantly losing connection.  Endlessly restarting each camera and trying to connect. Stays connected for a few minutes or a couple days and then no connection. Charge the batteries, and try to reconnect, only to fail repeatedly.  I mess with this crap for an hour and still have no security system. I'm not dumb, I'm an expert computer and system user.  Just can't stand this garbage anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jghere

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went through all the solutions I've learned to do over the past two years.  New batteries, reboot everything, remove and re-install the device, reconnect to base station. etc.  I finally gave the whole pile of crap to a friend who just wants to add some new cameras to his existing system.  I bought 3 new Arlo 4 Pro cameras, and they do not want to work either.  While charging, the blue light near flashes, so I cannot scan the QR code.  Does anyone anywhere get this stuff to function??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your basic issue seems to be an environmental one - signal strength/quality caused by distance, house construction, objects in/on the walls, wireless interference, etc. The fact that your friend uses them indicates that yes, this stuff does function.

As for the Pro 4 cameras, have you reset them?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Why not wait until the batteries are charged or just go ahead and get them connected before charging? There should be plenty of charge to allow this straight from the package.