Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Caranthese
Initiate
Initiate

System worked seamlessly until earlier this year with firmware update and reupdates. Now completley flakey and virtually useless. Base station loses the 3 cameras  and then reonnects while internet signal is constant , fast and strong during the whole process. Go online to check videos taken and randomly they have stopped at some specific time , but later sometimes they come back and they reappear from then on.

We run a high-end tourist accommodation house via Airbnb etc. for $1,000 and more a night and live 35 minutes drive away so this is killing us.  As an ex software senior project manager and developer before that I can clearly  see at least some of this problem is at the Arlo servers.  So many instances of similar problems all over the net! Right now trying to see if an urgent maintenance truck has turned up for my guests and of course the system is fully armed and onlien but vodeos taken in the Arlo cloud stop for no discernable  reason at 10:25 AM today (6 hours ago local time). These could just as easily  reappear tomorrow but I need to know now. So stressful dealing with it all and the cameras continue to run the batteries down (presumably because they are indeed filming, but the interface to the cloud is not working ) so have to climb ladders and recharge batteries when the system is not working properly anyway. Got remote power plugs to reboot and this did not work -rebooted 3 times but Arlo still not fixed, although  mutiple manual reboots seem to work eventually (can take up to  an hour afterwards though).  Manual reboots not possible when we are not there of course. . 

Now havign trouble posting, gettinf an error message to correct highlighted errors (nothing higlighted, no errors from me )  .... Arlo network overloaded and underresourced????

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Caranthese

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Caranthese
Initiate
Initiate

Hi ShayneS, I went to that link and saw the forums and used it  when I saw I will have to pay for technical support, which is would be adding insult to injury under these circumstances, in my opinion.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41393880