Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
RJ1978
Tutor
Tutor
We've had the system for about 18-months and no issues at all - love the system. My cameras went offline when I was on a trip. I came home and found it needed a firmware update. Now I updated the firmware and the cameras stay online for about 3-6 hours and then fall offline again. Help!?!?!?
21 REPLIES 21
brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here

manfredz
Hero
Hero

have you two tried turning off base station for 5 min, then turn back on to see if improves?

RJ1978
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. I tried unplugging the base and then plugging back in. I've also removed both devices and reinstalled them.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

then probably time to contact technical support using one of the methods in the link at the bottom of each forum page (I used email when I had a major issue.  its slowest but doesnt keep you waiting)

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have also tried powering down the base station and removing and add each of my 2 arlo wirefree cameras.  No luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RJ1978, brdoddsjr

Consider replacing the batteries in the problem cameras and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

a3473
Tutor
Tutor

All my Arlo Pro cameras keep falling offline as well.   They had been running fine for many months and the batteries are charged.   I have rebooted the base station multiple times, which temporarily fixes the problem.  Nothing has changed in my environment and my network is fine.   This seems to be a common issue related to the Arlo base station.  Please post the fix, so that we don't all need to dial into support.  Thanks.

WilliamC_2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same problem after a 3hour call with techsupport updating all my equipment to latest firmware...this is a problem thats is causing me to lose recording time and having to reboot the system 3-4 times a day.

RJ1978
Tutor
Tutor
Since drafting this post, I had 2-3 sessions with Tech Support. Still having the issue with no viable / stable solution. Also noticed this evening that the night vision doesn't work like it did. When the camera is working, I'm recording basically a black screen.

Arlo - PLEASE - put back a previous version so our cameras work properly.
jmk1947
Tutor
Tutor

I've got this same problem with my cameras. Just realized it did not start until the update. I purchased my cameras 10 months ago, was just getting ready to add more cameras and upgrade my plan. It appears I need to wait until this issue is resolved in case I have to go to a different system. I've raved to my neighbors about how great these cameras are. OMG, are they working on a fix?

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Will do.  Why would batteries matter?  This all happened immediately after a firmware update.

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Folks, this sounds stupid but here goes.  I was losing connection to all my wire-free camera after the firmware update frequently.  I was losing 4 cameras 2 or 3 times a day. I had a separate problem with a Chome update that disabled flash.  After I fixed the flash issue with Chrome, I only lose one camera about every 48 hours,  Big difference and absolutely no idea why.  Maybe just happenstance.

Melody11
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same problem.  My husband has change out all the batteries, deleted the cameras and added them back.  Also the cameras are not record properly anymore.  We set the sensitivity to 100% and they still don't record.  This was a great system until the update. 

brdoddsjr
Apprentice
Apprentice

My installation is now working again.  For the recording problem, make sure you have enabled flash in your browser.  For the cameras dropping out, be sure you are in range.  I had a first gen base station and I replaced to with the new arlo pro base station.  You have to use base stations for network extension (network extenders don't work with arlo). I bought a new base station and put where the old one was and the range was good enough to pick up all my wire-free cameras.  I am back to normal.

R_Tzon
Tutor
Tutor

I just got my setup about 4 mos ago.  Now it goes on and offline every few minutes or so and consistently sucks for the past two weeks.  All was just ok prior to this.  Way too much trial and error on what works good and what works bad.  Sad we have to restart the base to get it to work.   At this point, it's wasted money, AND they're not giving these away.  Freakin' frustrating....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Melody11, R_Tzon

This could be due to poor signal strength or WiFi interference. Consider relocating your base station and/or cameras (avoiding physical obstacles and other WiFi devices) so that they are closer together and test to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

R_Tzon
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the same info that all receive anyway. I returned the whole thing and got a refund. Why are we as consumers constantly having to adjust to something that should run itself? Thanks for your time
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you haven't fully figured out why the issue occurred there's little that us or Netgear can do.  Poor positioning relative to the WiFi signal as well as possible interference all gets in there. We're talking video, not just audio, so requirements for a good signal are increased.  What works for some applications doesn't necessarily work for others. 

R_Tzon
Tutor
Tutor
Ok , last one. Inconsistent night vision: sometimes black all night, some times not. Sometimes all pink, reset. Worked good for first month wifi wise. No location changes, same positioning. Suddenly last two weeks, turning itself on- off. Recording when turned off via app. Went to support full complete reset and worked for about a day. After that, haywire again. No location change, same bat time, same bat channel. Netgear couldn't help and you say there's nothing Netgear can do. Make a better product then. There are a lot of issues going on here on this board. Good luck 👍🏼 Just my consumer two cents.
jmk1947
Tutor
Tutor

You're lucky you could return it. Best Buy said there was nothing they could do for us because it has been over 30 days. Tech Support says it's our internet speed, and we have 25 meg through CenturyLink, no problems with anything else, and the problems only started after Netgear's last update. We're looking into different cameras. Too bad, because our cameras were great for the first 8 months, so didn't even last for a year. If anyone comes up with better cameras, please post to this feed, if you're allowed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only post competing products here if you want the thread moderated. What are you thinking?

Following through with support is the proper method of resolution. Sometimes you have to insist to get to a higher level. Giving up won't fix a thing.