Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am finding that once or twice per day my cameras are losing their connection to the hub.  I have 2 arlo basestations with 6 cameras.

My network is as follows.  Comcast Modem (wifi turned off, passthrough mode) connected to Apple Airport Extreme which manages all IP addresses.  3 additional Airport Extremes acting as network extenders.  One base station is connected to an airport extreme.  The other Arlo basestation is connected to a different airport extreme.

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

I have been experiencing this issue ever since I introduced a second basestation.  I thought it would save battery life to have a second basestation which would increase signal strength to some of the cameras.  I unpaired 3 cameras and paired them to the second basestation when I made this change.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you know if the bases are on the same channel... interfering with each other ?

Or... since you have two bases ( I know it may be a pain ), swap the bases to see if the problem follows the "bad" base thats dropping cameras.

There could be a base problem.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have two bases nearly side-by-side (~2' between them) with no issues.  Given their distance from the router, they're on channel 6 while the router is on channel 1.

stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I find out the channel?

I have now tried connecting them to the same access point. Will see if that helps.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In order to check the channel of the Arlo router, you need an app ( like WIFI ANALYZER ) or any laptop/device that searched for devices and give channels ( common )

If the  base is close ( < 10 ft or so ) it wll be on the same channel as the router... if more than 20 ft it will pick its own

Morse is faster than texting!