Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 47 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have all the settings correct with my 3 cameras ie motion is definitely set to on. motion is on with the green man etc. Cameras are picking up movement and sending notifications to my phone but when I log in to Arlo their is no footage to play? I have 3 Cameras pointing at different angles on the same post out the front of my house (could they be getting interference been so close to one another?). I have only been getting issues with this for about the last 7 days or so with detecting motion and notifying me but they are not recording. Sometimes I might get a recording off one camera were I should have 3 recordings from each cam. I am thinking I might need to do a power down the cameras and re-sync?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

47 REPLIES 47
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good to hear guys! And glad Arlo worked out the issue in such short notice! Back to enjoying my awesome security system lol
aussie_user
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you guys have to do anything ie. disconnect or re sync the cameras? It's a pain having to get the ladder out. I'll test it when I get home from work tonight. Fingers crossed I won't have to do anything! Cheers
damienburns
Aspirant
Aspirant

No user intervention was required by me at all... just started working this morning... all by itself. 

beegee
Guide
Guide

Yes, a pain having to go through the process of disconnecting/reconnecting on the advice of Arlo (when it seems we didn't need to do this at all!), then re-positioning the cameras exactly where they had been before. Anyhow, mine are working now 🙂

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Appears yours should be working Aussie user. I disconnected my cameras etc but didn't fix the problem. Seems Netgear have fixed their side of things as lady said to me that it was a known issue! Be great if they had a page on arlo status in countries etc so atleast people are aware there are issues on Netgear side not the users.
beegee
Guide
Guide

You are right Warnzie. When I spoke to someone yesterday they told me they didn't have any other reports of such an issue so I told them to look at their own website's community forum for evidence that a widespread problem did potentially exist. I think we all expect these days for technology to have some issues from time to time but having good communication, so we don't think we're going stupid, by having a service update page where we can check first before we pull our systems apart thinking the problem exists with us locally.

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Might suggest this on the suggestion page.
Johnno70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for starting this thread Warnzie.

Everything seems to working properly now.

Out of curiosity did they tell you what the problem was?

Regards J

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
No worries mate, no they actually wouldn't comment on what the issue was
sungju
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey guys,

I just want to share how I fixed the same issue I had for couple of weeks. It turned out that the issue was with DNS. I've been using google's DNS, but once I have changed it to use local one that is provided by ISP (TPG in my case), it's working just perfectly. I think netgear made changes in some host server locations and that is unknown from outside of Australia. It's worth to try with your ISP's DNS.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team has isolated the cause and has resolved this issue. A small number of Arlo users in the Asia-Pacific region (including Australia) were affected and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have taken steps to ensure that this problem does not occur again and added additional monitoring tools that will detect potential issues in the early stages so that user impact is minimized. Your patience in this process has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

JamesC

aussie_user
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your response JamesC. And thanks everyone for contributing to the solution.
TexasTornado
Guide
Guide

I am having this issue today.  Is there a problem with the cloud system?

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Me too. Here we go again.
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I experienced this yesterday. Dont think its your side and then go around disconnecting cameras etc. Will be on net gears side. As I have expressed to net gear, they need to have a server status page so atleast when their are problems etc its is posted on that page.
TexasTornado
Guide
Guide

The same thing just started happening again.  Should I expect this to be a daily occurance?  What good are my cameras if I don't get updates when I'm not home?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is aware that this issue is affecting some customers. Our engineering team is investigating the root cause and a fix will be released as soon as we have a resolution. Once a resolution is reached we will post an update. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

TexasTornado
Guide
Guide

James,

Thanks for the reply.  FYI I am experiencing this again today.

JamesC wrote:

The Arlo team is aware that this issue is affecting some customers. Our engineering team is investigating the root cause and a fix will be released as soon as we have a resolution. Once a resolution is reached we will post an update. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

TexasTornado
Guide
Guide

Really frustrating today.  Tons of notifications, no recordings!!  I had packages delivered, now tons of notifictions.  Did someone steal them?  I don't know!  I may have to shut them off just to stay sane.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am having similar issues in California. Some of my cameras picking up motion and I get the push notifications bit videos not showing up in library. Seems to have started this issue around 9:30 am pst today. I have to base stations in two different cities. The issue is only happening on one of them.
Ghostbuster
Star
Star

Wow. This thread began last year in September! It's now Feb. 2016 and this issue is affecting the customer base in the U.S. My issues aren't just with a long (2hr) delay in videos uploading and email notifications. And all the suggested "fixes" listed in multiple other threads aren't working. I have to reboot my system daily. Videos are recording up to 9 minutes and it's eating up the battery life. Videos sometimes never show up. There is a delay in recording so the motion that was detected has already occurred and the camera didn't catch any of it. A video of 3 minutes of nothing. All day today. It's 9 pm and I'm finally able to scroll through videos that were recorded at 5pm. What's going on and will it be fixed?

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
As of 7:3pm pst, seems to be working now. I am getting videos in my.library almost real time. Hoping ot stays fixed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC