Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras No Longer Detecting Motion and New Setting Appeared

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

Hi

Very recently my cameras on one system stopped detecting motion, either on my schedule or when set to Armed, motion dection on.  

I've noticed a custom mode has appeared in my settings.  I don't recall ever seeing this setting before.

Are the two problems inter-related?  

Not sure what other information is relevant to include.  

I've already tried restarting the router, Arlo base station, modem, etc.

Where did "***_Default...." come from?Where did "***_Default...." come from?

5 REPLIES 5
ohiocamguy
Star
Star

Sounds like I have the same problem as you. I have a separare thread going, but so far no replies.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Three-cameras-no-motion-detection/td-p/1595360

imStealth
Star
Star

Same here for the past 3 days no motion detection. I have done just about everything, and I do get live, but never motion on any of the 3 cameras, this is really uncool!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Teejayjay18
Aspirant
Aspirant

i also recently had one camera stop sensing motion and recording but i could still get live feed. Now 3 of the 4 cameras will not sense motion or record but can get live feed.  I had updated app on iphone and firmware updated too. I just unplugged and reset base station.  I use the tenergy rechargeable batteries so i have full charge on cameras.

Version 2.6.1.  Firmware 1.3.314.  Hardware H11.

I hope that this is in the works to get fixed.

thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Teejayjay18,

Have you moved this camera in a different location? What do the signal bars display? Have you tried to remove and re-sync the camera to the base station?