Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera with very weak wireless connection - other one with fine connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CANDE158
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

My first post so hopefully someone can help me. I've had a good look through quite a few pages of the forum and wasnt quite sure on what to search for so apologies if this has already been included!

I have a new basestation / 2 Arlo camera system. The basestation installed fine and so did the second camera. However, the first camera didnt install right and no matter how close it is to the netgear box, it always shows a "very weak" connection (ie orange in the bottom of the wireless symbol in the app and online). Even if it's less than 1 metre from it! The other camera is down 2 floors and shows up as "weak" but that's understandable if it's 2 floors down! Right next to the basestation it shows as "full connection".

I've tried removing the camera and re-installing it, as well as taking the batteries out. It still remembers the name i gave the camera whenever i do any of this - so whether it was really uninstalled is another question. 

Please let me know if you need any other information  -  thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

CANDE158

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull batteries

Go to SETTINGS of camera and use REMOVE DEVICE

power button reboot the base

close the battery door

bring back as new - resync

If cameras still has a weak signal near base, contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
CANDE158
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Many thanks for your reply - very helpful. Unfortunately it has not helped and the signal is still very low right next to the basestation. If anyone else doesnt have any advice then i guess I'll have to contact support no?

thanks

Cande158

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes

Morse is faster than texting!