Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not sync to Arlo base station (not recognizing completely)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlogear
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo VMB300 HD Security Camera. As I went through the step by step instructions everything was going fine until i was trying to connect the cameras through the computer to set up a new account.  When I came to the part to sync the cameras to the base station the lights would blink as described and would appear that it was linked going from green quickly changing to amber. I quickly realized something was wrong and going through the steps several times trying to fix the problem. When trying to scan the QR code on the computer screen it wasn't locating the cameras. It would instruct me to start the sync steps again. Again, the base station camera light would turn from green to amber. It would stay that color as long as i pushed the sync button on the base station and the cameras would blink slowly then rapidly after it synced. I would synced each camera indiviually as stated.  I later tried again on the computer to set up an a new account. It will ask and show pictures of what system you are wanting to connect. This time instead clicking on the arlo go camera picture. I thought I would try clicking on the arlo base stations. Once I did that step everything starting working out the amber light is now green.  The system said it was down. So I still need to complete the final steps in setting up my account to select which service plan I tend to use.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're doing - the wireless cameras don't use a QR code. Remove anything in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Claim the base first, then sync the cameras. The directions should spell this all out.