Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not live stream

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Yep17
Follower
Follower

After I hooked up my camera and placed it where I wanted it. The camera start not to live stream what was going on. What can I do to fix this problem

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yep17 wrote:
After I hooked up my camera and placed it where I wanted it. The camera start not to live stream what was going on. What can I do to fix this problem

First what do you mean "not live stream" ?  Thes are not 24/7 play cameras but are record on demand when they see motion.

In the Live View screen ( DEVICES ) hit the play button in the middle of the camera...does it play, if not what does it said on screen or do?

( what are the leds showing on the front of the base.(.the three on left should be green )

If not, maybe it is do to Flash issues on you browser

Or are you talking about Arming and recording?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can hit the center play icon in the library and it will play the video but on the Devices page it won't play it.  It just keeps saying please wait.  The three buttons on the front of my base are green.  What do I do?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm thinking you're using a browser and you haven't enabled Flash yet. Recent browser updates disable Flash - you need to go into the browser menu and enable it, at least for arlo.netgear.com.

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I was in Arlo, I went to the Security with the lock on it on the left and selected Flash and then always allow on this site.  Is this right or is there somewhere else to enablr this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds right although the process varies from browser to browser. Does live view work now?

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant
dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a new message saying it could not connect to the media server.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, try a different browser. What one is giving you problems?

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant
dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed my browser to Internet Explorerand it is the same thing.  I can only see video in the Library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using  a mobile device and the app on the same network (WiFi, not cell service), is there a difference?

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  We use WiFi at the house and my husband's phone can see it but mine is the same I just assumed because mine was older.  I also tried a tablet but that can't get the video other than what is in the library either.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A mobile device using a browser isn't going to work since Flash isn't supported. The app is a must for mobile devices. Or am I misunderstanding?

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just can't see it on my phone which is fine.  I would just like to see it on my home computer and my tablet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dksimmons,

Do you have the Arlo Mobile app installed on your Tablet? This will be needed to live stream the cameras.

JamesC

dksimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I do not but I will.  I finally found the phone number to call for tech support.  That may be better for me to find out about getting the live feed on my home computer working.  Unless you had any other ideas.