Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not connect with the base

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jaberg6
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just have purchased the Arlo product. The camera does not connect to the base
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you followed the set up instructions? One error that people seem to commonly make is instead of briefly pressing the sync button, they hold it down. Apparently that can cause an issue.

Can you give us more information. Are the lights on the base station on? Does the camera have any blinking LED lights? The batteries are all in the correct polarity etc

jaberg6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I followed the instructions. The camera connects to the base, but needs to update the firmware. When I request the update it starts, but then stops and requests to update the firmware again.  Endless loop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and open and close the battery doors. Let it run overnight since that's when updates normally occur. Did that fix the update?

steve_t
Master Master
Master
Can you go to speedtest.net and tell us what your ping and up and down speeds are?
jaberg6
Aspirant
Aspirant
17.6mb download and 1.2 mb upload
jaberg6
Aspirant
Aspirant
18 ms for the ping test
jaberg6
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it didn't. It starts the download but doesn't finish. 2 cameras worked fine on the download
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync.  If that doesn't work, contact support at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx