Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
bmullenix
Guide
Guide

I did a chat with an Arlo representative but they wanted me to put the camera close to the base station and then remove it from my account, take out the batteries and put them back in and then resync the camera.  The camera is mounted on the eave of my house and it cost me $75 to have someone do that.  Since I have reached an age where I don't want to take chances getting up on a ladder and possibly falling, I don't have any way of getting the camera down to try their solution.  Really don't want to pay someone again to take the camera down and then remount it.

arlopro2user
Star
Star
The one and only fix is replacing the camera. The first gen Arlo has a moveable IR filter for night vision that can get stuck in place. The swap batteries., restart, slap hard, etc etc stuff helps to dislodge it but won’t fix it.

The Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 went to a digital filter that isn’t susceptible to the same problem. Went through this twice.
bmullenix
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the info. So in other words I'm still going to have the same problem if they replace the camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not necessarily. I have 5 original wireless cameras and have never had the filter get stuck. It gets reported here but there's a lot of folks who have never had the problem or have had it fixed by replacement.

ssode
Aspirant
Aspirant

Red/pink issue with camera. 

Also, I have a another camera that will not turn on. New  have been installed

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the pink view, all you can do is remove and reinsert batteries, hoping the IR filter will get unstuck. Otherwise, swap at the store or open a case with support here.

For the other camera, verify that the batteries are properly installed. When installing the batteries, don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing. Does the blue LED on the camera front flash blue when first closing the battery door?

JenP
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera is also showing a pink picture. I tried the reset but it did not work. Are there any other fixes?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. As noted in many replies here, open a case with support for an RMA.

EROracing
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mount camera upside down then in settings flip camera view!
Arron1882
Aspirant
Aspirant

The colour of the grass and people’s clothing is purple yet everything else is as it should be. Does any body know why this is. How do I change or reset it ?

Thanks, 

Arron. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try pulling and then replacing batteries to reset the camera...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

You can try removing the batteries for about 10 seconds to restart camera. If camera still shows purple picture, try to unplug your base station from outlet for about 1 minute then plug it back to refresh the base. If still not working, remove camera from your account by going to Settings > My Devices > Select the affected camera > Click remove device. Also try to use a different battery. Re-sync the camera and check if it's still showing purple.

If after doing all those troubleshooting steps if camerais still showing purple picture, you may need to contact the Arlo support.

🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those are extra sets that won't help with a stuck IR filter. If the battery reinstall doesn't help, only opening a ticket with support here will get the camera replaced.  Removing and resyncing doesn't help a hardware problem.

Sanberdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome,this worked for me, Thank you

Zeezee48
Aspirant
Aspirant
Srdavis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I must say that after my recent experience trying to contact Arlo customer service I am very dissatified.

After three days I think I may have been successful in getting a camera replaced that is displayng  "pink" all the time. This is not the first camera that I have had do this. But the others I can atleast reset. I am not confident in the longterm viability of the first generation of Arlo.

From starting a chat, to waiting for someone to call, be back for a credit card hold, to calling back the next day because no one called me. From being on hold for 40 minutes only to finally be told "wrong department" then another 20 minutes. To finally getting someone to authorize a return. To then getting an email that all my information was lost and to call back (but not even list a phone number) to being the 13th caller in queue, which means hang up and then try another day. To finally getting thru and spending the next 60 minutes on an off hold over and over again. I really think they hoped I would hang up. Because he would say..... "are you still there?.... "Please hold I will be right back. To finally getting an email saying I am supposed to get a replacement camera, but the email is wrong saying I need to send my camera back first at my own cost and wait for a replacement. So I was told to just ignore that and the camera is coming at no cost to me because its a "special case"?

But now I see that Arlo is requiring you to remove the defective camera and return it at your own cost. If you don't do so there is a fee for the return a $16.99 fee? I believe.

Arlo knows they have a problem with the pink displays. They are just hoping they don't have to do anyting about it.  I do like the customer service steps to resolve the problem: remove batteries, wait three minutes. Remove camera from system, resnyc and oh yes what's the temperature where the cameras are at. I said to the operator 80 degrees, she said is that farenheit or celcius? lol......

It wouldn't be quite so bad if I were always home and could accomplish the suggested steps. But when you are traveling, it is not possible. Also unless you have all your cameras inside sitting on table tops, it isn't very practical. I would be outside with a ladder twice a day.

We shall see what happens with this replacement camera. Which most likely means I get someone elses camera that displayed pink, that was sent in and found to be within specs.

Ultimately I will probably have to resort to a hardwired system....... I will not buy Arlo again.

Samdog330
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey my picture on two of my cameras are gone to a pinkish tint. I have the cameras for about 8 months.. tried removing batteries, resetting base station and leaving offline for a while but still no luck. Any suggestions?
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Pinkish tint usually means its shot. Its the lens filter and would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. Unless its under warranty
Nelson94501
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo camera that was shipped as a replacement is now havingthe same issue with pink video. Netgears  website has no means for me to request assistance directly so I am posting a message .

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The pink video is due to thr IR filter stuck.... Remove the replace the batteries should correct. If not , then a gentle tap of the camera on a table, if still NG, then it needs replacement.

Morse is faster than texting!
Nelson94501
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that before and once again. I also followed the other recommendations when it happened before
There's no change. How do I get a replacement.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here.

Nelson94501
Tutor
Tutor

I'm unable to open a case.  There's no way of directly contacting netgear via email.  I tried using all three options under support including replace defective equipment option but it wouldn't accept my request. Where do I open a case here .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to call or use chat.

Nelson94501
Tutor
Tutor
I do not recall seeing a phone number or chat link. I'll look again. They support links keep ending up in having used look online for issues rather than having good customer support. Please post it if you know they number i can reach someone for help.