Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
WarriorPrincess
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I noticed back in Oct 24, 2017, not sure why this is happening, I will try some of the solution listed here.  It's happining with my Arlo ordered on June 18, 2016, the first two from April 22, 2015 are working without any issues. 2017-10-31_11-21-30.jpg2017-10-31_11-19-34.jpg

WarriorPrincess
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, except that it's purple/pink RedRedPurplePurple

milabo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was told by support that having a static IP was the cause of my red tint. He suggested he get on line and assist me in changing my home network to Dynamic and this would solve the issue or at least prevent it from happening again.....doesn't seem right.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No it isn't....

The ip doesn't make a bit of differnce in the Pink view of the cameras...it has to do with the ir filter getting stuck.

Pull the battery and replace to reset cam... or GENTLE tap it if the battery removeal doesn't work.

Then contact Netgear as most of the time it is a hardware issue and they may replace it under warranty.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure you actually talked to a Netgear support person, using the Contact Support link at the bottom here? That answer is total garbage.

The issue is the IR cut filter that can get stuck in the original wireless cameras. The usual response is to remove open and close the battery door to reset the camera but that doesn't always work. If not, a case has to be opened here to get an RMA. Do you have a case number? If so, what is it?

milabo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. No case number. Makes me wonder who I was talking to. Found the number on line. Scary. Replaced the camers last night. New one from Best Buy. Same issue...my 4 other cameras are fine. So frustrating. I will try and give it a tap etc. If not i guess this goes back as well.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Online searches for support have usually resulted in non-Netgear phone numbers. Avoid them. Again, try the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Debbiedis
Tutor
Tutor
Is it just me or is this camera useless? #1 outside camera stuck in night vision so it’s pink.
#2 my car was broken into and and hit and run during the night. I check the cam and nothing recorded. Yet, it’ll pick up cars driving down the street.

I attached a pic of the distance to the street for reference. And is there a way to increase the recording time?
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I purchased two of my Arlo cameras in 01/2016 (just under two years ago) and a third camera several months later.  Assuming the warranty is only one year, does this mean I'm SOL now that two of my three cameras are displaying the red tint issue?  I can't believe I spent $600 on three cameras that haven't even lasted two years!! Very disappointed in the quality of the cameras.  Built to be disposable, like the rest of our consumer tech culture...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, warranty is one year... but have you tried to see iF Netgear Support will help you anyway.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

in the mode you are using, for the cam you want to increase recording time under record video you will find a slider that allows you to increase record length to 120 sec

Apprentice
Apprentice

Your credit card might provide an additonal year of warranty service. Regardless, failure after one year means the build quality and design are not up to global standards for CE.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Really?  Nothing fails prematurely if it has the CE logo?

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ahhhh. NOOOO!

I am tired of the the USELESS SUGGESTIONS, I HAVE my settings at best, I'm tires of spending money on batteries that ARLO EATS MONTHLY. My settings ARE CORRECT. IT IS ARLO & NETGEAR PRODUCTS that suck, SO

ARLO & NETGEAR ---- STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT THE CONSUMERS FAULT. IT IS YOUR FAULT. FIX YOUR ISSUES, YOUR PRODUCTS SHOULD BE RECALLED

ALL MY CAMERAS HAVE EXPERIENCED SOME KIND OF DISCOLORATION IN THEIR RECORDINGS, YOUR CLOUD SERVICE KEEPS GOING DOWN, The Battery Life SUCKS, YOUR EMAIL ALERTS ARE OFF AND KEEP SENDING REPEAT TEXT AS IF THERE IS A NEW MOTION DETECTED & THERE IS NOT, YOUR CAMERA & CLOUD DECIDE TO RECORD FOR DURATIONS THAT ARE-NOT the SETTINGS.

ALL This is the CONSUMERS FAULT REALLY!!!!!

Matthew56Beck64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is my outside visual effect showing red

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

open and remve batteries, replace.

if it continues or happens again, contact Netgear Support

Apprentice
Apprentice

You work for NG? The OPs product failed. I concurred that it should not fail after only 1 year and you post some BS smart aleck reponse like that? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

96708 wrote:

You work for NG? The OPs product failed. I concurred that it should not fail after only 1 year and you post some BS smart aleck reponse like that? 

Who are you responding to?

Thisisduanec
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a **bleep** ass defect and Arlo / Netgear should have recalled all of this crap!

10,000s of people complaining about the same issue yet you still want support to see if its the same issue?

Get a clue, Arlo is like the Samsung of Video cameras.  "Did you pull the battery out yet" Ge the **bleep** outta here.

Own it!!! Netgear is selling deffective products and they dont care!

Thisisduanec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip, i'll try this tonight.

This is the best soltuion I have read to date! Maybe Arlo Support or whom ever runs this forum

should take a lesson from you! lol..

Thanks again!

Thisisduanec
Aspirant
Aspirant

NO this does not sound correct!  Dont let them mess with your home network.

The issue is the IR shutter stuck. Flip the Camera unpside down were ever you have it mounted.

Then using the phone app, go to settings and reverse the image so it views as normal. People

are reporting that this seems to work. It's a camera defect and shame shame on Arlo for not recalling this product.

Good luck!

KevynL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happened to me as well one day after I received the system.  Removed camera, replaced, re-sync'd.  Fixed problem but only for one day. Fed up, took them down, traded in for a new system.  Everything worked fine for one day. Then same issue with one camera. Frankly I shouldn't have to go through so much brain damage for a camera to work as it was advertised.  BTW...My system(s) are less then 4 days old

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the second camera in the same location that had an issue before?  If so, swap cameras around to see if the problem stays with the camera or the location.

Richardgiba
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo camera picture is red it has new battery and lens is clean
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here for hardware problems.