Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera still recording all motion (Smart Notifications turned on)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PopcornPossums
Follower
Follower

While the camera is still only notifying me when it records a human, it is still recording everything and thus draining the battery very quickly on this camera. The location on my house for this camera has lots of miscellaneous motion due to plants and some animals. I turned the Smart notifications to only pick up humans but when I go to the library I can see it is still recording everything and thus draining the battery on this camera in roughly a weeks time. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PopcornPossums wrote:

While the camera is still only notifying me when it records a human, it is still recording everything

It is doing what it is designed to do.

Note the smart classifications are done by the Arlo cloud, so even it the other detections were supressed ,it would not help the battery life.  Neither will activity zones (which are also processed in the cloud).  All motion detection results in video streamed to the cloud, which then decides whether to notify or not, or whether to record or not (in the case of the activity zones).

You can try to adjust the field of view to reduce the power drain, or reduce the motion senstivity in the camera rule.