Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera stay in Busy Mode when trying to test motion and positioning

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dd4e
Initiate
Initiate

I don't know if a software issue or hardware issue. One thing I notice is that since the new software update the cameras have been acting very strange. Last night i decided to replace the batteries in one of my cameras that was acting weird to see if that would resolve the issue. It would just stay on busy. Well I placed new batteries in the camera and it still wasn't working right. It's also very slow to respond. I tried to re-sync the camera and it still was very sluggish. When I tried to place it in test mode to test the motion and placement of the camera it would simply lock up and show "Busy" on the application. Then I decided to test the other 2 cameras and they started to give me the same inconsistent issues. Sometimes they would react to motion during the motion test and sometimes they wouldn't do anything at all. When I tried to do a reset of the homebase via the app it kept saying cameras are "Busy" so i couldn't reset the base via the app. So I just ended up unplugging the base and removing the batteries from the cameras to shut them off. Has anyone else experienced issues since the latest software update?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dd4e,

We experienced some server issues during a short period of time last week. These issues have since been resolved. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

George-1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, just installed a new replacement camers and the app shows busy on motion mode and position mode.  I dont know whats going on.  Any fix availabel?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base and open and close the battery door to reset everything.  Did that help?

Edit: Does this also happen when using the browser?