Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera software update 1.2.9901

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Today I noticed a new camera software update # 1.2.9901 was installed overnight. Does anyone know the details and purpose of this update?

Thanks.

Paul

15 REPLIES 15
rdm362
Tutor
Tutor

Wondering the same thing..

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'm just updating my cameras now. Would be keen to see the changelog too

rdm362
Tutor
Tutor

Updated cameras and notice nothing different... What's up Netgear?

luckydaisey
Tutor
Tutor

two of my four cameras updated. the other two shows no update available and show off line.  still shows old version.  i installed new bateries and they do not work. will not sync to the base.

i removed them from my system and no they will not sync at all.  Any idea how to get them back into my system?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you trypower cycling the base after opening and closing the battery doors?

luckydaisey
Tutor
Tutor

yes i rebooted the base also.  ive manged to reinstall but two of them are rejecting the update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are your Internet speeds found by speedtest.net?
luckydaisey
Tutor
Tutor

my download speed is around 50 so dont think that is the problem.

i finally got them to download the update. just had to keep trying. 

mineblaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my three cameras will not update 10 the new 1.2.9901 firmware.  I have new batteries, tried to re-install the camera for several days now, disarmed the camera as not to interfere with the overnight update that has been suggested, re-booted the base station numerous times, re-installed all of the cameras individually and everything else that I have been able to find on this subject.  When I re-connect the camera, it tells me to update my camera's firmware now but when I try, it states it has timed out and is offline.  Anyone have any more suggestions?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

mineblaster wrote:

One of my three cameras will not update 10 the new 1.2.9901 firmware.  I have new batteries, tried to re-install the camera for several days now, disarmed the camera as not to interfere with the overnight update that has been suggested, re-booted the base station numerous times, re-installed all of the cameras individually and everything else that I have been able to find on this subject.  When I re-connect the camera, it tells me to update my camera's firmware now but when I try, it states it has timed out and is offline.  Anyone have any more suggestions?

What's your internet speed?

Is this camera further away from the base station than your other cameras?

mineblaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure...typical AT&T DSL of 6-8 probably.  Having said that, I have not had any issues until this last update.  Distance of the camera in question is actually the closest to the base station.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mineblaster,

DSL can sometimes have slow download/upload speeds. Consider visiting a speed test website to test your internet speeds (download/upload). Poor speeds can cause issues with allowing the system to complete the update.

JamesC

mineblaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for your interest and support. I did check my speed and it is steadily around 6. As far as the camera, I have removed it from my system. A week of my time is enough. Many thanks again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just for completeness, was that 6 for upload speed? That's the one that's most important.
mineblaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I'm pretty sure it was download. Either way, it's really slow. Having AT&T U-verse and Direct TV, I just didn't want to install cable as well just for internet. Also, it seems to me that if two cameras will update, the third should as well, especially after many repeated tries.