Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera's go offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
reddione
Follower
Follower

I've had the camera for 3 days and the batteries it came with have died on the balanced setting first issue, the second is I have to keep logging in every thirty min, to view the cam, is this normal? and how do i check my firmware?

Eric

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

reddione wrote:

I've had the camera for 3 days and the batteries it came with have died on the balanced setting first issue, the second is I have to keep logging in every thirty min, to view the cam, is this normal? and how do i check my firmware?

1) Battery life is usually poor when first setting up the system due to many things such as using live streaming, positioning the cameras, etc.  Once you get to the point where you have things set up the way you like and are just monitoring, battery life increases dramatically.  Not necessarily your case but a good possibility. Several of us are using rechargeable batteries to help mitigate the cost of frequent replacements - check the Buying Tips and Options forum for experiences and links to batteries.  My favorite is currently the TangsFire 1000mAh which have lasted the longest by far and are the same price as most of the others.

2) Maybe this is your issue with battery life - constant streaming.  These cameras will stream for 30 minutes and then turn off to save batteries.  They simply are not designed to be used for constant surveillance but only on motion. Use the Settings to set up rules and then apply them to modes.  In the Mode screen, set up schedules as you wish.  Your battery life should increase hugely.

3) Check the firmware level in Settings and select Base Station Settings (current version is 1.4.2627) as well as the individual cameras at the bottom of the screen in Camera Settings (current version is 1.2.2545).