Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera's go offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
wiliamjr
Follower
Follower

As fast as I can resync everything, the camera's go offline again. In less than 24 hours the batteries are at half stregnth. So far I am unimpressed.

Soon I will become frustrated, and return the product in a paper bag. Why do the camera's go offline every 5 minutes?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are multiple reasons, but prob not enough ifo in your note to pick one out.

If you feel strongly about it, contact Netgear and open a case#, you may find the problem is easily solved quicker than here.

But, in mean while, I'd ask...

What OS/platform you running on?

What are the lights doing on the front of the base... any blinking?

How far are the cameras? Signal levels?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Vikash
Guide
Guide

Dougie360
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me for a few months.  I realized that my ISP had provided a modem/router which I had connected to my Apple Airport Router.  The modem router had the Wifi in default on, so it was probably causing interference with the arlo.  I went into the modem/router settings and turned off all wifi so it just passed through the broadband signal to my apple router.   My cameras stopped going offline, and my batteries stopped draining in a few days (they were probably constantly pinging before).  

all good for 3 months.  I just changed batteries, and cameras are going offline again.  trying to figure that out now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dougie360,

Are you seeing this behavior when trying to view across multiple devices (web client and mobile app)?

What is the behavior of your base station LEDs when you see the cameras offline?

JamesC

Wellsie85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I let my dogs out at 4 o'clock this morning and was immediately notified and their videos were placed in my library and email. I left for work at 7 o'clock this morning and my cameras picked up nothing. I pulled back in the driveway looked at the Box all the lights are lit up all the men on my screen are black Not Grey. I can take snapshots and they show up in my library. Motion is turned on on all the cameras. I mean I have changed nothing from yesterday and yesterday was recording perfectly. But now nothing is being added to my library.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wellsie85,

Are you using a default mode (Armed) or a custom mode? Are you still experiencing this issue? If the cameras show a black motion indicator (running man) this means the cameras should detect and record motion. How far from the cameras is the motion occurring? A screenshot of what your cameras are facing might give a better idea as to why they are not detecting motion.

JamesC