Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera records 40% of the time. Sometimes will record for 10 secs and then cuts out.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pditteon
Follower
Follower

Our cameras record about 40% of the time. I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason to it, but I need them to be reliable. Sometimes they'll record for 10 seconds and cut out when there is clearly a person there talking. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pditteon wrote:
Our cameras record about 40% of the time. I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason to it, but I need them to be reliable. 

Camera positioning is one factor.  The PIR sensors that detect motion have a range of about 20 feet.  They will detect some motion further out, but not reliably.  Also, the cameras are most sensitive to side-to-side motion (across the field of view), and are more sensitive at the bottom of the field of view than they are at the top.  https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

@Pditteon wrote:
. Sometimes they'll record for 10 seconds and cut out when there is clearly a person there talking. 

Cutting out early is a different symptom than failing to record at all.  You might get better results if you set the recording time to a fixed duration instead of recording until motion stops.