Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
antwoine1028
Follower
Follower

Dont know whats going on. A week ago my house was broken into by my old neighbor and Arlo was working. A few days ago i started getting notifications that my batteries were low, so i replaced them with brand new Energizer batteries. Now my front camera does not record any motion or send notifications to my phone or email. My mode is set to "All Motion On" and I've tried to edit the rules but still no results. I've even tried to unplug the base station, Resync the camera, reset my internet modem, change my ethernet cord, enable UPNP on my router, reset the base station, buy the elite plan to increase storage space to 100GB, confirmed email and still nothing happens. My front camera is les than 20 feet away from the base statiob The only thing that im able to do is stream live video but unable to record. This is critical because i have lots of svaluable items and electronics in my home. I spent $400 on this system please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Step #1 is to swap cameras around temporarily to see if the problem follows the camera or stays with the position.  If it stays with the camera, there's some things to try (you've likely already tried these but I'm not clear as to exactly how you performed some of these). First, remove the camera from the system via settings, My Devices, select the camera and go to the bottom to Remove Device.  Then open and close the battery door to reset the camera and resync the camera normally.  Worst case, you can do the same thing with all cameras and the base and start fresh with factory resetting hte base (hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber) and add devices, starting with the base.

If all this doesn't work, open a trouble ticket for a possible camera replacement.