Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not connecting to base station.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Whw
Aspirant
Aspirant
After multiple attempts camera will not connect to base station. Flashes blue then amber. Has done this consistantly. Do I need to manually update firmware on camera? If so, how? Very frustrating.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Whw wrote:
After multiple attempts camera will not connect to base station. Flashes blue then amber. Has done this consistantly. Do I need to manually update firmware on camera? If so, how? Very frustrating.

You can't update the s/w on the camera till it's sync'ed. The updating is done thru the Arlo base.

I can say, that 1) open the battery door for a few seconds and reclose 2) bring the camera within 10ft of the base and QUICKLY push the sync button on the base ( don't hold ) and then push the button on the camera.

If you continue to get the blue then amber flashing, then contact Netgear re a trouble ticket for same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Whw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did that still nothing. If you don't mind, just how do I contact Netgear. I thought this would be the way.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whw,

Welcome to the community! If the troubleshooting @TomMac suggested does not solve the issue, you are welcome to contact support by navigating to the following link: Arlo Support Center.

You might consider trying a new set of batteries. If it is a new kit, I don't expect the batteries to be dead but that is one more step you can try. Also, be sure that the camera sync LED on the base station (center LED with the camera icon) is blinking green when you try and sync the camera.

Let us know if you are able to get this issue resolved!

JamesC