Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DEMcK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo wire-free cameras, purchased ~3 years ago.  Starting about a week ago, the cameras will no longer sync with the base station.  All four stopped on the same day.  When I pull/replace the batteries, the camera LED shows blue for 3-4 seconds, then goes off, and blinks amber 2x every 15-20 seconds.  When I push sync button on the base station, the corresponding LED blinks green; pressing sync button on the camera has NO result -- supposed to blink blue, but now does nothing.  All four cameras the same.  Tried removing my whole network from the account, swapping to a new base station, updated the firmware in the base, then tried re-installing the cameras, and still no sync.  Arlo Support insists the problem is the non-rechargeable batteries; but come on -- all 4 cameras on the same day?  And with new batteries straight off the shelf?  Nonsense.  Has anyone else had sync failures?  

4 REPLIES 4
Concrete_Pete
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  No warning of battery failure, and it dropped the cameras and doorbell.  I have removed and then re-installed them and the system has recovered. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thee slow amber blink is normally an indication of weak/dead batteries. Have you checked them with a voltmeter? Also, when placing them in the camera, just lightly insert them in the slots and let the battery door do the pushing.

DEMcK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have done this (replace batteries) many times of the years, and again this week.  Not the solution -- new fresh batteries, and also the 2 cameras with month-old batteries also stopped syncing on the same day as the 2 with brand-new batteries.  Any chance the firmware upgrade isn't compatible with my older base station or cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unlikely that a firmware update has changed anything, especially since the last base station update for the VMB3000 was almost 2 years ago and the cameras about 6 months ago. It's hard to say if you have failing hardware but certainly something has changed. It could be your account but I don't see how. Try a new account with a second email address. If possible take the system to a different location and try setting it up. WHen you're trying to sync the cameras make sure you only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.