Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera keeps shutting off. Only way to get it work is removing batteries and re-inserting

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
unrly
Follower
Follower

Lately (last couple of months) my single camera has been turning off on it's own, for days on end. The only way to get it back up and running is by popping the batteries out and putting them back in. It then turns back on and syncs just fine. However, this only lasts for a week or so - and it's only when someone shows up to our front door and we realize no notification came through on our phones that it hasn't been running. Battery level is about 85% when it's up and running, and it's not stuck at that percent either as we have watched it go down to make sure.

Any idea on what might be causing this? My Orbi router has been having major issues as well lately staying connected to the internet, but I don't think that has anything to do with the Arlo camera power... Just making me lose my faith in Netgear products Smiley Mad

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First attempt is reboot the base, remove the camera from Settings. My Devices and resync.