Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera keeps going off

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras keeps going off and recording at night only. This all started when I purchased a Arlo pro to go with them. I have one that goes through a set of batteries once a week . I think it might be a firmware problem. They also go offline numerous times at night too. The Arlo Pro does not. I have to cut them off at night because they keep going off. I see I'm not the only one having this problem. Security is a joke with this and I may have to take the loss and go with some other system . The warrenty is out on the Arlo cameras and the Arlo Pro already has been replaced once because of a ticking sound. 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed the Arlo Pro to see if the problem goes away ( since you said it started then ) ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear could not fix the problem with everything I was told to do . I ended up purchasing another upgraded base. That seems to have been the problem all along. 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I thought mixed Arlo and Arlo Pro cams worked with an Arlo Base Station (of course, you still wouldn't be able to use the USB ports since that's dependant on having an Arlo Pro Base Station)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You definitely can use any Arlo wireless camera on either base station.