Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera firmware

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ujjal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a new 3 camera system. Camera firware is 1.1.2074. Asking me to upgrade to 1.2.2688. Trying to but nothing happens once I hit upgrade. Auto update is turned on. No way to contact Netgear - horrible experience. Cameras won't sync. Thinking of returning this product. 

3 REPLIES 3
nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try placing 3 cameras next to base station, take out batteries, put them back in let the cameras re sync. Leave overnight arlo will push the new firmware to your cameras between 3am and 5am in the morning. Also check your base station firmware is up to date. You will also need a good internet speed for the firmware to auto update.If you have a slow internet then it may not auto renew the firmware. Arlo states you need an upliad speed of at least 1 mbps. Test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net.

ujjal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, will try this. How do I check if my base station firmware is the latest?

I have very fast internet - so should not be a problem. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ujjal wrote:

Just got a new 3 camera system. Camera firware is 1.1.2074. Asking me to upgrade to 1.2.2688. Trying to but nothing happens once I hit upgrade. Auto update is turned on. No way to contact Netgear - horrible experience. Cameras won't sync. Thinking of returning this product. 

Contacting Netgear support is easy. Use the Support link at the top right of this page.  I'd use the phone contact.

Latest firmware is 1.6.1_4130 for the base and 1.2.2688 for the cameras.