Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Offline, Now Won't Sink

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RiverViewer
Tutor
Tutor

Up until 2 weeks ago, my Arlo Pro and Arlo cameras were all functioning fine.  Then the Arlo cameras started to have the message that they were offline and not connected to the internet.  I tried new batteries and they remained online for a couple of days.  I tried taking out the batteries and reinstalling and again the cameras would work for a couple of days and then go offline.  Based on some feedback from previous posters, I removed the devices and attempted to resync to the base station.  Now, that won't work.  I get the blinking green light on the base station and then I push the sync button on the camera.  I then get a faint blinking blue light on the camera but it does nothing else.  It just continues to blink and does not sync.  I am doing all this within 1 foot of the base station.  What else can I try?

8 REPLIES 8
Arlo_UserSue
Initiate
Initiate
Interesting. I am having the exact same issue. My camera kept giving me alerts over & over without an action motion it sensed so I took it offline, brought it inside & opened up the case for several days because I'd read a post that moisture inside might cause this because seals in the camera have gotten old, and then I attempted to sync it this AM and ran into the exact problem you are having. Blinking blue (which supposedly means its searching for the base station... yes, I was within 1-3' too.... and it never synced. Frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Consider a system reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify firmware versions of all devices by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.

nunyainct
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. The base shows it's connected, but it isn't and I get "add camera" nothing is correcting this and it's Sunday here. I finally gave up eith the live chat option.
Fyrmyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem with cameras going offline. I changed batteries and all are working except one camera.  It now won't sinc with the base.  When you put in fresh batteries and close the door the blue light blinks once. When I try to sinc with the base an orange light blinks twice about every 15 sec.  any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow amber LED blinks on the camera indicates weak batteries. There have been various reports of dead batteries when brand new.

RiverViewer
Tutor
Tutor

It wasn't blinking slow amber but faint blue.  I did grab 4 fresh lithium batteries and put those in.  The camera synced immediately.  However, problems with the camera aren;t solved at all.  Basically, I had put fresh batteries in just 2 weeks ago when again the camera had gone off line.  So, I have a better sense of the recurring problem now.  Even though my batteries are full when installed, they deplete in just a few days.  Anyone know why batteries would go down that quickly?  

manfredz
Hero
Hero

if not caused by many recordings or many long live views, connectivity issues between cam and base station.   Try placing cam10-15 -ft from base station and see ifstilldra  in as quickly

nunyainct
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had done everything from my I phone, when I couldn’t turn the camera back on after deleting it, trying to re-sync it, I finally got through the contact phone number to a living breathing person, and had to go to my computer and do everything from there. It worked. Would not work from the phone although I did the same steps.