Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Not Detecting Motion

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo cameras and about two weeks ago, the motion detection on all cameras stopped working. I have performed a motion detection test on all cameras and they all pass the test with a blinking amber light. The batteries are showing full charge, wifi signal is strong. I have reset all cameras, removed them and re-synced with the base station, but no change. I saw on one of the forums that this is probably the result of a firmware "upgrade"; does anyone have insight? I am about ready to junk these cameras and buy something reliable but dont want to invest hundreds more unless I have to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@bdone

I see that several have had this problem lately since the firmware was updated and I have had a similar problem with various individual cameras not picking up motion or sending alerts. By removing the power from the base for a minute or so then reapplying the power this allowed the base to boot back up and after a couple of minutes after all the cameras resynced everything went back to normal again. I hope this helps,

Brian

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wish I could afford to "junk" hundreds of dollars of equipment.

First, reboot your base.  Verify that your mode is set correctly. Try the Armed mode. Make sure the running man for each camera in the Devices tab is black, not gray. Use a computer browser to do this since sometimes the app doesn't seem to show the right info.

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot afford this and don't appreciate the tone I get from your response. After several years of various issues with these cameras, however, I cant afford for them not to work either.

I have already rebooted the base and checked all modes and settings. I have done everything on both the app and on my computer. All running men are black.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try removing the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync to see if that helps. If not, I'd suggest a factory reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Whle a PITA, it usually clears up any issues.

brh
Master
Master

@bdone

I see that several have had this problem lately since the firmware was updated and I have had a similar problem with various individual cameras not picking up motion or sending alerts. By removing the power from the base for a minute or so then reapplying the power this allowed the base to boot back up and after a couple of minutes after all the cameras resynced everything went back to normal again. I hope this helps,

Brian

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help. Your suggestion did the trick, though one camera is still hit and miss with motion detection; maybe it's dying...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @bdone,

Try to adjusting your motion sensitivity for your camera and see if that helps.

BjornDra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station rebooted and camera device removed and then resynced back again. Still no motion registration. Running man indicator is black. Is the camera dead? Btw this happened after software update just recently.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BjornDra,

Is this the only camera having the issue or is this all devices?

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant
All cameras. Problem was resolved by unplugging the base station and setting all cameras to the alarm mode.
JM1128
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure of forum protocol....add to this one if same problem or start a new thread.

I have 1 of 4 not detectng motion. Rebooted, re-synced - nothing. Cameras are 3 days old. Ever heard of one being defective?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using - Armed or a custom one? Make sure there's an appropriate rule with appropriate settings for that camera.

JM1128
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using armed for all cameras. Not sure what you mean by "appropriate rule" unless referriong to parameters for non-24/7 monitoring.

brh
Master
Master

@JM1128

On the Mode page click on the arrow to the right of the word, "Armed." Each camera should have a Rule where you can set the parameters for how you wish each camera to react when motion or sound is detected. If the rule for the non-responding camera is just like the other ones, you have two choices. Either return and exchange the cameras or contact customer support.

Brian