Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera 'Getting Status' and not changing

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
GFunkMeister
Follower
Follower

Hi, I hope someone can help. 

I bought the system yesterday and have extremely limited success. Followed the instructions exactly, and have repeated half a dozen times. Despite dozens, possibly hundreds of "motion detected" messages via the app, have only had 3 emails and 3 bits of footage recorded. 

The cameras in the app constantly display "Getting status..." And some of the options are inaccessible. I have a good internet speed of 40+ MB/s and am at a loss to explain what has gone wrong. 

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The Arlo systems have suffered from a multitude of server failures and firmware hiccups over the last few months. Based on the problems I'm having this weekend streaming, blurry videos and alerts with nothing in library, I would say there are more server problems. What the hell else is new. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I haven't recorded a bunch but I've had no problems...
Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Bought the Arlo system a week ago with 3 cameras and also get this issue, it hasnt worked from day one, except if I delete 2 cameras, but then I dont get any recordings or streaming all i can do is amend the setting.

Have you got any update?

I have a ticket raise and continue to answer the questions that are being raised but still no further forwards.

thanks

Vargo

SCH1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

over come my camera connection to base station only to be confronted with the same issue as when disabled the system.

originally message implied I wasn't connected to the web, after playing about it now just says getting status...... also noted that details of base station have disappeared off of "settings" page

seemed to record when rebooted for 10 secs, before giving all the above again......

frustrating for what is supposed to be simple, and it wasn't cheap either

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SCH1970,

Are you seeing this behavior when attempting to view your cameras via the mobile app? Also, what web browser are you having the trouble with and have you tried using a different web browser to isolate the issue?

Let us know!

JamesC

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James

My support ticket is still open. I have tried different browsers and still have the same issue when more than one camera is linked to the system. It looks like when I add more cameras the performance dies and I get the "getting status". But even with one camera I am not able to stream when the motion goes off and it's not recording all the time

Thanks

Vargo
Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My issue is now fixed.

The problem was my BT Home Hub 3 which did not fully work with the Arlo system, I have now upgraded to the BT Home Hub 5 all seems to be working.

thanks

Vargo

Usahqjcsin
Guide
Guide

My system worked perfectly fine UNTIL I added my 6th camera, NOW all I get is an "updating" status!   Any help would be appreciated. (I purchased my system 3 weeks ago and UPDATED to the latest firmware.)  I am using WINDOWS10. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Updating on all cameras or just the new one?  Have you tried a different browser as well as the app? What service plan do you have?  The basic plan only supports 5 cameras.