Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Calendar all set to off

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rkay
Aspirant
Aspirant

My calendar is all green and says motion off 24 hours a day for every day.  Nothing i seem to do will let me eliminate all the green shading to set up motion on sensing.   I can't seen to schedlule on or off times

3 REPLIES 3
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Not to worry -- you simply haven't grasped the use and implementation of "Modes" yet.  Arlo comes pre-programmed with two sets of modes, All Motion On, and All Motion Off.  When you click on "Modes" which brings you to your Schedule, you should see at least those two buttons named as such directly above your Schedule.  You click one (you'll want to click on the "All Motion On" button) and drag it into your calendar.  At that point you can then use the mouse to stretch or shrink it to your desire times.  Voila!  Easy huh?

For a more detailed explanation, read this Arlo knowledge base article about modes:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-Modes-amp-how-do-I-use-them/ta-p/32

Very shortly you will fully understand and be able to use the power of modes (pre-programmed AND those you set up and customize).  It's very easy really/mind over matter.  Best of luck.  I hope this helps you. 

rkay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the input.  My schedule is all green  [motion on 24/7]  there is no gray or black separator bar to change that particular schedule, and there is only a green icon above the schedule. I can make a new schedule but the original rule is labeled "motion Off" even tho the schedule is 24/7 on.  I cant seen to change the title of that  rule either to read all motion ON..   If i make a new schedule, and lable it rule 2 we'll say,  it wont let me delete the original all green motion off titled one.  I am a newbie,  love the product so far, but i must have screwed up somehow already.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

You're welcome.  

At some point soon you'll understand and have a HUGE epiphany about how simple things are soon.  It took me a week or so to wrap my head around things conceptually; but when I did, I saw that the system was logical and well thought out.

This will sound more complicated than it actually is, but basically there's a linear order: 

1.  You set up RULES for your cameras -- Let's say you have have 3 cameras that you call "Front Door On," "Garage On" and "Side Yard On."  The rules could be that they record for 45 seconds with medium detection (maybe 50 one a 1-100 scale). 

2.  You set up a MODE or MODES - by putting at least one rule into a Mode you might call "All Front Cameras On," where you place the rules from "Front Door On" and "Garage On" (leaving out "Side Yard On").  Once that Mode is set it is automatically placed above your calendar in the form of an oval bar.  You then grab that Mode with your mouse, drag it and release it in one or more of your days' calendar.  It will show a few hours but you can take your mouse and expand or collapse it to fit the amount of time and WHEN you want it to start and stop.  Diabolically simple and efficient!

I asked basically the same questions as you and had problems early on.  Somebody wrote a nice response that after reading two or three times, DID give me the ephiphany I needed.  Let me see if I can find the link to that post.....

Here it is:  Look at Schorschi's answer (post #2) to my question.  It's better than my explanation above.  You'll get it.  Swear!

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Different-Schedules-on-Different-Cameras/m-p/2357#M215