Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CAN NOT GET MY ARLO TO RECONNECT TO MY INTERNET

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kjrichard
Aspirant
Aspirant

WE CHANGED TO A NEW ROUTER AND NOT IT WONT CONNECT TO THE NEW ROUTER AT ALL. I HAVE YET TO CONTACT A LIVE PERSON FOR HELP. I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO TO RECONNECT TO MY INTERNET

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No shouting (all caps) needed. We need more info to help. 

What cameras do you have? Do you have a base or hub? Have you rebooted your router and base or hub, in that order or are your cameras connected directly to your WiFi? If using a base/hub, what are the LED(s) showing? 

If you have a subscription (check Settings, Subscription) you can use Settings, Support to get a phone number to call. Otherwise, we should be able to help you here.

kjrichard
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have unplugged, reset the sub finally found the camera but wont find the internet.. could it be this system is outdated for my modem vmb3010R2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjrichard wrote:

We have unplugged, reset the sub finally found the camera but wont find the internet.. could it be this system is outdated for my modem vmb3010R2

Not sure what you are asking - the VMB3010 is an Arlo base.  What modem/router are you connecting it to?

Also, what status are you seeing on the base?

kjrichard
Aspirant
Aspirant

thumbnail.pngthumbnail1.jpg

kjrichard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am so frustrated that I can not get a LIVE person on the phone. I am going to cancel my subscription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It looks the base station is in fact connected to the internet (and shows as on-line in the app).

Is the problem syncing the cameras to the base?

Have you tried adding the cameras using a PC (browse to my.arlo.com)?

@kjrichard wrote:

I am so frustrated that I can not get a LIVE person on the phone. I am going to cancel my subscription

If you have a subscription then you can get phone support. The problem is that the app requires you to select a camera on the subscription plan first, and I am thinking you haven't been able to onboard any.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) as they might be able to assist you in getting phone support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kjrichard,

The LED behavior you have pictured here for your base station indicates it's online and connected to the internet.

The next step is to sync cameras. What happens when you try to sync a camera?

Jamesc